September 22, 2008

Monday, My Mom & Memories



Make your parents proud, especially your mother
Proverbs 23:25

It is hard to believe that is has been 5 months ago today that I lost my precious Mom. I miss her very much, but I feel so blessed that I had her for 35 wonderful years.


God Saw You Getting Tired
God saw you getting tired
And a cure was not to be,
So He put His arms around you,
And whispered "Come with Me"
With tearful eyes and hearts,
We watched you fade away
Although we loved you dearly,
We could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
Hard working hands at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us,
He only takes the best.


One of the last "family" pictures
October 2007

Me, Grammy & her boys
Mom's 60th & Matthew's 6th
August 2007

Mom/Grammy meets Michael Daniel
March 2005

Mom/Grammy meets Matthew James her birthday present
August 2001


Dear God

If flowers grow in Heaven,
God please pick a bunch for me,
Place them in my Mom's arms
And tell her they're from me.
Tell her I love her and miss her,
And when she turns to smile,
Place a kiss upon her cheek
And hold her for awhile.
Because remembering her is easy,
I do it every day,
But there's an ache within my heart
Because I am missing her so much today.



I love you Mom and cannot wait to see you again in heaven some day!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot express how sorry I am that you do not have your Mom to call for advice and conversation...I know no one will ever fill that void; she was very wise and knew you better than anyone. Please know that Matthew, Michael and I love you very much. We are so blessed to have you in our lives.

Mindy said...

I know how much you miss her, but she is in such a much better place now.....I do so wish that she could still be here, happy and healthy, with you and those special boys of hers... It wasn't to be, but we all know we will see her again someday, and that for now, she is keeping careful watch over her special ones.... Hang in there, sweetie

Lucy said...

What a beautiful post. I just cannot imagine how hard it is to lose your mother and how much she is missed. That is the greatest comfort though, isn't it...knowing that you will be together again someday. Until then, she is watching over you very carefully and is with you in everything you do. xoxo