November 23, 2008


We had a good weekend....we had a light night on Friday, rented a couple of Wii games and hung out as a family. On Saturday morning Dave and Matthew picked up the Scout for Food bags. Then the boys and I headed to Matthew's friend Tyler's, bowling birthday party. We had a great time :)
After the party, Dave picked us up and we headed to our friends, Matt & Julie's house for dinner. Dave and Matt & Dan(Julie's brother) headed to the "man-cave". Apparently it is cigar shop where men just "hang-out"....They had a great time, relaxing and doing "boy-stuff"....While they were gone, Julie cut the boys hair(I will post pics) it looks soo cute! We are leaving it a little longer, and I love it! We had an awesome dinner, Lasagna, salad, bread and the best part... her Pumpkin Trifle, it was awesome. I planned to post the recipe, but I can't find my copy, so after I ask Julie tomorrow, I will post it. I plan to make it for my Thanksgiving here on Thursday!

Today, we celebrated our Church's 25th anniversary with a special two hour service at a local affiliated high school. Then afterwords we all (several hundred) stayed and enjoyed a wonderful luncheon prepared by our school's chef. It was a great time of worship and fellowship.
Then Dave came home to continue working on the house, while I dropped Matthew off at a birthday party, and Michael and I grabbed a muffie and a coffee, then ran a few errands.
Since we are still in "construction mode" here, after I picked Matthew up from his party, we picked up Dave and headed to Red Robin for dinner. Then stopped by Barnes and Noble to let the boys choose a book, because the school was having their book fair fundraiser day there.
Then we had baths, one Wii game of Sorry Sliders, and books and prayers.......
I had another blessed weekend with family and friends!
I have had a few requests for this recipe so here it is.....
Savory Crescent Chicken Squares
1 3-ounce package cream cheese softened
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 cups of cooked chicken breast, cubed
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp o pepper
2 tbs milk
1 tbs of parsley
1 tbs of chopped onion
1 8-ounce package of refrigerated crescent rolls
Melted butter and bread crumbs
  • Blend cream cheese and butter until smooth
  • Add chicken, salt, pepper, milk, parsley, and onion.
  • Separate crescent rolls into 4 rectangles. Seal perforations.
  • Spoon chicken mixture into center of rectangle. Pull up 4 corners.
  • Brush with melted butter. Place squares on baking sheet.
  • Sprinkle with bread crumbs or crushed croutons.
  • Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.

*I always double this recipe to make 8.

*I also add a jar of drained pimentos

*Is awesome left-over

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed

Proverbs 16:3

*It was 7 months ago yesterday that my Mom passed away....Hardly seems possible!






2 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

We had a busy weekend, also. I think I am more tired today than I was on Friday night. LOL

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

It is such a busy time of year....your weekend was just like mine...NON STOP!! I feel like I have been on auto pilot that last two weeks! I can't wait for all the craziness to be over....soon!!

Recipe sounds good:)

Have a great week!

Lisa