January 25, 2009

The Weekend.........


We had another busy weekend...

On Friday, we celebrated all the January Birthdays at Dave's Dad & Penny's house with Sloppy Joe's for dinner and cupcakes. I made a new recipe thatmy cousin Laurel gave me, Jalapeno Pin Wheels, they seemed to be a big hit!
On Saturday, I was up at school helping with some baseball sign ups and the boys watched a Veggie Tales movie that the church was showing. They loved it!
We spent Saturday night celebrating with a friend of ours who finished his Master's. Congrats Dave!
Today we went to church and then straight to Dave's step brother's baby shower. Kit & Lisa have 1 son Kaiden and are expecting their 2nd baby, a boy(still unnamed :) in March.... we are so excited to have a new baby nephew :)
We came home and David worked on installing our new fireplace and I went grocery shopping .....We had my Dad & brother up for dinner tonight. I decide to make my Grandma's meatballs that my aunt made a few weeks ago for our girls night dinner. We had meatballs, mashed potatoes, cauliflower casserole, peas and carrots.
It was delicious and worth all the work!
*I will be posting the recipes this week.....

For now I am off to sleep, and doing a "snow dance".
It looks like we have some snow in our forecast....YIPPEE!!!

2 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Sounds like another action packed weekend!! I was so happy that you said you were going to post recipes later this week...you know I want that jalapeno pin wheel recipe...sounds delish!!

Have a great week!

Lisa

Football and Fried Rice said...

The pin wheels sound delish!! I was kind of curious about how you made your sloppy joes too!! We are having company this weekend (with lots of kids) and sloppy joes sounds like something I could handle :)

I am trying to think of a cute boy name to go with kaiden!