May 3, 2009

Missed them......

We are back from our 3 day trip to Chicago! It was awesome, much needed alone time with my wonderful husband(and our friends Kristen & Dave). The weather was amazing! We had two incredible dinners and lots of shopping! I hope to post pictures tomorrow, but it is my birthday :) So we will see.......
This was the 1st time we ever left the boys for more than an overnight(thanks Uncle David, Diane, PaPa, Penny, and Cathie). Lots of awesome help that made it happen :) 
The collage is from when we picked the boys up tonight, we did have a great trip, but we also really missed our sweet boys! They were very excited and wanted to see their "treats" and souvenirs. Good thing we made it to the Leg@ store, and found Chicago t-shirts and more......
I am so thankful for my wonderful life........


6 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What cute pictures and what a super CUTE blog.

I enjoyed reading your blog today. I am still new to the land of blog, but so loving reading others stories. Everyone has a story and so many of them are so touching....
Hope you will stop by for a visit.
The May give-away has started and this month there will be 10 winners. I will be blogging from Disney World soon...

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!!

Happy Birthday.....may all your wishes come true!!

Enjoy your special day:)

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis, glad you had a wonderful trip and b day!! Was happy to help with Mike on Friday. We had lots of fun playing with cars, wii, catch...def your son ;)

Lucy said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great day! Your trip sounded wonderful, I would have missed my kiddos SO much too. LOVE the photos, so cute you captured such a sweet reunion. :) We are coming to STL on Sat. and staying a week. Would love to stop by your party, if not for a few minutes...not sure how that might go with the baby... If we can swing a get together during the week sometime, I would love it. I'll call you!

Football and Fried Rice said...

A weekend in Chicago!?! I would love that! Of course, the kids would always be missed ;)

Glad you had a chance to get away & that you had some friends to keep your kiddos!

Dad said...

Matt's face says it all...