October 5, 2008

A Wonderful Weekend.........









The perfect pumpkin....


My artist :)






Lined up "crazy" shoppers :)





We had a very busy and fun weekend! Friday night, I went to happy hour(s) at a really cool wine shop, with my "1st Mom's" club. It was once again a really great time with some awesome women!
Then home to stay up until 1:30 AM pricing the rest of our stuff for the Baby Sale on Saturday...
Saturday we were up at 5:00 AM! Rushing to get the school to have our stuff set up and ready for the crazy 4 hours ahead... We had two full parking spaces of stuff, so did Natalie & Brent and sold almost ALL of it! It was just NUTS! People were everywhere. Dave left me to work the sale and headed home to take the boys and my niece(Jennifer) to Michael's soccer game. After Michael scored a goal and they finished their game, they came over to help me wrap things up, we did a little shopping for the boys, a Pokemon sleeping bag for Matthew and a "foam shooter" for Michael. Then we packed up and headed home, where my good friend Vicki who is in town from Tennessee, met me to go to lunch. She has two little girls, Elizabeth(6) and Lauren(3), they stayed with David and played with the boys while we went and had an awesome lunch, roasted beet salads with chicken, goat cheese, walnuts and spinach tossed with a pomegranate vinaigrette. Plus two yummy coffees...It was so great to see her, I wish she was still living here!
After hanging out at home for awhile, Dave and I decided to take advantage of our niece Jennifer being here and met Natalie & Brent for an early dinner. We sat on the patio next to the heater and we had a wonderful time with great friends!
The we headed home to take Jennifer back home so she would be able to attend her confirmation classes on Sunday AM. We ended up meeting PaPa and Penny, Emilee, Lauren & Josh for ice cream(Mom & Dad were out of town celebrating 15 years-congrats, Tom & Steph). The kids had soo much fun! Then home to bed at 10:00PM to CRASH!
This morning I woke up at 8:00AM to do my bible study before my boys were up. I enjoyed silence, a cup of coffee and then got ready for church. The three of them were STILL snoring at 9:15, so I decided to attend church solo. I really enjoyed my bible study, it was a good one today!
After church, I headed home to have brunch with the boys. We ate, then David took off to a golf tournament/fundraiser and the boys and I went on our own adventure, to the local fair. There was pumpkin painting, car building, FRESH apple cider and much more for the boys to do. Plus, 4 tents FULL of local people selling their things, like food, flowers, jewelry, soap, wine....The boys and I had blast sampling tons of things and made lots of fun purchases to make and eat later.
After we finished the fair, we ran home, changed and headed to dinner with My Dad & Brother for my Dad's birthday.(I will have a special post for him tomorrow). We came home afterwords, had baths, stories and straight to bed! Well some of us..I am still up writing this :) I hope all of you had a blessed weekend like we did and I hope you have a wonderful week!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I had to miss such a great day at the Fair...It looks like you had so much fun. I am so blessed that my boys have the BEST Mommy and I have such a caring and wonderful wife. Your blog is awesome!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend....what cute pictures of the boys!

Lisa

Lucy said...

Your weekend sounded like SO much fun...you are always surrounded by so many friends and family and that's certainly what makes life fun!!!