December 16, 2008

He did it!


On Thursday, we had the honor of watching my "baby" brother David(32) graduate from the police academy. He completed a program that normally takes 2 years in 1/2 the time. That means he went for the last year to school, every Monday-Thursday and every other Saturday, all day! All of this while working FULL-TIME! He worked so hard to get to this day! Our whole family went to watch the ceremony as well as several of his friends. My Dad and David & I got him a Swiss Army Officers watch and had "You made it!", and Proverbs 3:5-7(chosen by our Dad) engraved on it. I also got him a copy of Christmas in Heaven and an angel ornament to remind him of our Mom. I love you "Bubby", and I am so proud of you, I know that Mom would be too!

Love,
"Sissy"

Proverbs 3:5-7
5:Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6:In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7:Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.


Jennifer


3 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Congrats to your brother!! What an accomplishment!

Have a great day:)

Lisa

Lucy said...

Congrats to David, great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much "Sissy"! Love you :)